Thursday, May 24, 2012

Who says red heads shouldn't wear pink and orange?

I think the colors are quite becoming for this little ginger!

This is the perfect little crossover pinafore and diaper cover. 
It's a little big right now, but that gives us room to grow!

The prints came from the Walmart discount bin for a steal at three dollars a yard.

The pattern is from Bettsy Kingston's Etsy shop.
The pinafore and diaper cover are so easy to make and Bettsy gives you a wonderfully professional pattern (in PDF form) with excellent photos and instructions on assembly of the garment.

The pinafore is reversible and can be used as a top as Mary Grace grows.  I've already made three sets for her and foresee this as her summer wardrobe!

As a matter of fact, I think red heads should wear 
MORE orange and pinks!


5 comments:

Judy said...

As a ginger girl, I love to wear pink. :)

Anonymous said...

adorable! now do her something in a brillant purple. incidently, I had a similar pattern when Janet was a baby. i must get to wharton this summer!
aunt Nancy

the momma said...

she is such a cutie! I think the colors are just perfect on her!! crossover tops are teh perfect summer wardrobe for chunky little sweeties :-)

Elisa said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is the same pattern I used for my daughter who is now 36! Loved it then and love it now!!!! :) And Ohhh that cutie sure is a good model too !!!! I remember one of the tops I put white eyelet around the edges. :) Oh this brings back memories...GOOD memories! Sarah