Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Preparing our Advent home...

 I am really excited for Advent to start this year, but I have to admit that I was a little less than prepared 
(as evidenced by our white Advent candles!). 

 I love our Nativity set.  I purchased this the year Doug and I were married.  We take out the Infant Jesus and place in His spot, a candle.  He'll return to the set on Christmas Eve after Mass...it's ironic that there is always a battle among the kids who will place Him there!

 Lots of wonderful books to read by the glow 
of the Christmas tree.

Our Advent calendar 
(painted by Kyle a couple of years ago) 
is filled with a candy treat for each day.


 And a wall full of stockings!  
I'm frantically sewing up Mary Grace's stocking whenever I get a free minute here and there.  She's two and I'm finally getting around to sewing her stocking, see what I mean about that whole "prepared" thing!

 And a bit of whimsy this Advent season!  
While the "Elf on a Shelf" is very popular these days, 
I took an idea from Catholic Inspired and made
"Wisemen Adventures" this Advent. 
Balthazar, Gaspar, and Melchior are having quite the time as they search for the Infant King.  I may have to devote a whole blog post to their adventures!


Wishing you a most Blessed and Holy Advent season!

No comments: