Monday, April 1, 2019

Six Week Check In


Compared to my last two posts, I am a whole new person!
Somewhere between the five and six week mark, I finally made the turn in my recovery.  I no longer needed pain medication other than Motrin, my range of motion increased, and the constant "pins and needles" feeling went away except when something was touching my foot...especially my toes.

At my six week check up, the X-rays showed that I had healed well enough to have my cast removed.

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!


I got fitted with a tall CAM boot 
and received my orders for physical therapy.
And for the first time, in what seems a very long time, I have hope.
Hope that I will actually walk again normally and without pain. 
This six week mark was huge and life changing for me and it is only by the grace of God and the love of my family that I have made it this far.


The next six weeks of learning to walk again promise to be grueling, 
but the end is in sight.
And I'm going to RUN across that finish line!

No comments: