Thursday, September 26, 2019

Back to the Boot!

Meet my new work partner!


Yep, I'm back in a boot!
And not the cute pointed toe, leather kind.
I'm back in an orthopedic fracture boot ever since I've been back to work.  My surgery from February was botched and will have to be re-done at the beginning of next year.  
Good news is that I've found the most wonderful surgeon to do the revision.  He's given me the task of getting as healthy as I can before going under the knife a second time.  There is also quite a bit of testing to be done.  
Bad news is that I'm still in pain every day, even with the boot, and I have three more months of it.  But at least there's hope of fixing this hot mess!
My plan is to work as much as I can to create a nice nest egg for my time off, and to try to make the holidays this year really special for my family.  I feel like I "owe" them for taking care of me with my first surgery...and then having to do it all again next year.  Maybe if I throw myself into work and family, there won't be any time for the anxiety of having to deal with surgery AGAIN....
maybe.

No comments: