Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The New Normal

Our "new normal" is:

Sleeping in on my days off from work.
Having coffee in the garden while being stalked 
by coffee loving dogs.
Watching the hummingbirds fight over the flowers and feeders.


Having the kids trickle outside one by one in the morning.
Long, uninterrupted talks. 


At home haircuts and family meals around the table...
EVERY night.


Pitching practice and games of catch with big brothers.


Picking wild flowers by the side of the road,
because we have no where else to be.


I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy our "new normal" right now.  When my kids look back on this historical event, I want them to remember that it really wasn't that bad.  That good things did indeed come out of all of this.


I don't want them to remember an anxious mom who constantly worries that SHE is the biggest threat to her family right now.

So PLEASE stay home.
PLEASE be diligent about social distancing.
Wash you hands.
Don't hoard supplies.
And support your medical community with your prayers while you have the wonderful opportunity to be at home safe with your family.

May God bless us all and see us through to the other side of this.

No comments: