Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Healing

I had my correctional surgery on June 2nd. 
It went smoothly and I spent just one night in the hospital for pain control. 
Since then, my pain has been minimal and all I need now (at just two weeks post op) is an occasional Motrin.  
And now I spend my days watching Netflix like it’s my full time job. 


So far, recovery has been pretty easy. I keep thinking that THIS is how it should have been the first time I had this surgery. I am still so angry that a year of my life was wasted.


I read a quote a few weeks ago that said, You should never ask, “Why is this happening to me?”  You should ask yourself instead, “What is God trying to teach me?”  
God has a reason for allowing bad things to happen. We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust His will. 


I guess true healing doesn’t mean that the damage never existed. It just means the damage no longer controls our lives. 


I have a lot of healing to do. 

Add caption

No comments: