Monday, November 23, 2020

Back to Work

In October I came back to work, but on light duty.  My wonderful team allowed me to do desk duty while I got stronger and finished my Physical Therapy.  
I'm not going to lie, it was tough!  
I went from 5 months of sitting in a recliner and watching Netflix like it was my full time job, to getting up at 5 am and trying to make it through an 8 hour day.


October flew by and it was now time to transition to my regular position as a nurse in the OBED.  
This was busy 12 hour shifts and on my feet most of the time.  
And you know what?


I DID IT!
Not only did I manage to do my required shifts per week, I signed up for extra shifts ('cause Christmas is coming!).  
I actually did THREE back to back 12 hour shifts on my new bionic foot and I was just fine!


After that 36 hour marathon, I DID sleep for two days!  
But that's beside the point! 
 I am so grateful for two good feet, the gift of healing, and am so excited about the year to come.


No comments: