Sunday, May 17, 2020

Waste Not...


The weather is getting warmer and the garden is starting to crank out its goodness.  Daily we are harvesting food, and I have to admit, it's never tasted better!  So thankful to be able to grow food in times such as these.  For so many years, we've just had too much to handle in the garden.  We give much of it away, but we also end up throwing a lot of it in the compost bin because I simply didn't make the time to preserve it.  

This year is different,
 I will not be wasteful with this abundant blessing.






I'm about to have a LOT of time on my hands.
And I have a lot of kids to tend my garden while I'm out of commission.
So I think this season is the perfect time to teach my family (and learn a lesson myself!) on not being wasteful and preserving our harvests to enjoy all year long.
 

No comments: