Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thrift finds

Doug has a wedding shoot on Saturday so we tagged along with him when he went to check out the church. After testing his lighting and such, we made our way to the most wonderful place on earth...the thrift stores!
I found this super cute vintage platter and this Wm. Rogers silverplate for .50 each!

Then I found this great kitchy afghan for two bucks:


A sweet little vintage abacus (.75) for the school room:


...and this super cool print of Pope John XXIII:


It was a steal for only three bucks, and the frame is definitely worth that much (plus, he's going to be declared a saint soon!) Don't ask me why we needed the print, I have no idea what we'll do with it. We are strangely attracted to any Catholic art we find and feel the need to "save" it from the thrift stores.
I'm off to polish my silverplate now!

3 comments:

Linda said...

You hit the jackpot AGAIN!
Where do you find these fabulous stores?

JoAnnC. said...

I'm just surrounded by them! Three here in town and two in El Campo. There are also 1-2 estate sales a weekend plus many, many garage sales...what can I say, I love other people's crap!

Linda said...

Let's plan a weekend road trip! I particularly like the estate sales.