Friday, December 5, 2008

Welcome to our virtual Christmas cookie swap!


I can't wait to see all the wonderful recipes you have to share! To "swap a cookie" just click on Mr. Linky and paste your post!

Here's my favorite Christmas cookie to swap with all of you:


PECAN SANDIES:

* 1 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, vegetable oil, 1 cup white sugar and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

This recipe makes a TON!



Ummmm....who's bringing the Bailey's and coffee?


19 comments:

Therese said...

Yah. I am the first.

My recipes are more slices than cookies. We don't do a lot of cookies at Christmas though.

Linda said...

Next you'll need to post exercises, or salad recipes to make up for all these cookies!
Thanks for putting this together.

Kalona said...

Thanks for hosting the cookie swap, Joann. I'm looking forward to checking out the recipes.

Veronica said...

Wow, you can just tell from the picture that these melt in your mouth!! I'm going to make them this Christmas, thank you!

Jen @ Happy Little Homemaker said...

Thanks for hosting! I can't wait to find something new :)

MentalMom said...

Now I have to decide what recipe to post.

Unknown said...

I just came upon your blog- couldn't resist the Cookie Swap. I'd love to add to the recipes with one of my own- not sure what or where Mr. Linky is- sorry- new to Blogging. Can't wait to try your recipe!

Ann Margaret Lewis said...

Mine are a little fussy but AWESOME with tea or coffee.

I better go make these now.

Anonymous said...

The Bailey's is on me. It's my favorite!

Angela said...

Thanks for the fun! I came upon your blog from Family Centered Life.
Couldn't resist the cookie fun! ~Angela

H F J said...

Thanks so much for hosting JoAnn... I'm looking forward to trying all the recipes.

Judy said...

Thanks for hosting! I am having fun reading all the recipes.

X said...

What a great idea! I have already saved two of the recipes to try.

Dawn said...

Thanks Therese for reminding me to add my link here. I can't wait to get baking with all these recipes. Mine are just ooey gooey choco chips. I love em. HOpe you do too!

The Real Katie said...

I'll post mine tomorrow. :)

The Real Katie said...

Mine's up. :)

JenniferM said...

What happened to the links?

akawest said...

Mmmm...I love pecans. I will have to bake a batch of your recipe.

My thumbprints turned out rather messy, but they taste good.

Unknown said...

Just made your pecan sandies. They are wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.