Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another growing season

I saw seed packets in the store the other day and like a knee-jerk reaction, I bought some. I had Kyle clean out the garden boxes nearest the house (four 4X4 boxes I had used for herbs in the past) and filled them with compost that has been brewing the last nine months.

John Paul and I planted about 40 cloves of garlic, some swiss chard, turnips, and romaine lettuce seeds.

I'm not sure how this fledgling garden is going to fare this fall with my attentions on a new baby.

But I guess it will manage, like I will manage...

I'll provide them both with sunshine, food, and lots of love, and they will grow.

Except swiss chard won't wake me up at 4 a.m.!
;-)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

she is officially too cute!!! I absolutely L.O.V.E. the hair!!!!!