Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Couponing Creamer Style

I've never really paid much attention to couponing. In my opinion they didn't really add up to much savings. Store brands of the same product usually are much cheaper than buying name brand with a coupon. Plus, most coupons are for processed foods which we try to avoid.

Then came along a little show on TLC called 'Extreme Couponing'.
I have to admit that I was quite intrigued at their savings! And while I will never purchase 250 cases of soda, I DO need other household items and would like to establish a small stockpile of commonly used items. So I thought I'd dive into the world of coupon clipping!

So this week I checked the CVS circular here in town and clippped coupons that coincided with their sales. I also tried to get items we needed that offered 'extra care bucks' (i.e. FREE MONEY or cash back to use at another visit). I had my plan of attack ready to go and made my purchases:


I was $1.28 from getting a ten dollar extra cash card because they were out of Ivory Soap and I didn't realize it until I got in the car to check my receipt!

Over all I was happy with the transaction:



I think next week I'm going to hone my couponing skills a little more when CVS puts their makeup on sale. If you'd like to save some $$$ at CVS, check out these videos by the Coupon Divas and visit their site at CouponDivas.com





No comments: