Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Mary, Mary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

Most mornings, our dog Abby and I "check the garden."  
As soon as she hears me slip on my flip flops she heads straight for the back door.  Recently, Mary Grace is accompanying us on our morning checks.

Mary LOVES to garden!
It makes me so happy that we both have this love to grow things, even if she isn't too keen on eating the fruits and vegetables 
of our labor.

Who could resist picking these bright yellow beauties?
Note:  Mary also picks them when they are green. 

 I think the oranges are her favorite.  Every time she picks one, she smells it and carries it around the yard for a continued sniff or two.
On occasion, I can even get her to eat a slice!

 This girl has no problem getting dirty!
She helped plant Swiss chard, turnips, red romaine lettuce, and beets.  I'm trying to teach her how to re-grow kitchen scraps like lettuces, green onions, and celery. 
She actually refers to the garden boxes as, "MY garden!"

Since she now has taken over the outside,
 I decided to bring some of the garden inside...
A sweet little pot of paper-whites
for all my own!

No comments: