Monday, May 6, 2019

The Home Stretch - 12 Weeks and Beyond

I made it!
I made it to my 3 month post op visit and got the OK to start walking without any aides as well as being able to drive when I am comfortable.  Even though I was cleared to walk on my own, I'm not there quite yet!  Still using my cane/crutch to get around because my ankle still feels a bit unstable 
and any uneven ground is hard to navigate. 

 But we are working hard on those issues in Physical Therapy.


So I'm starting to sell off all my mobility aides.  
I sold my knee scooter this weekend. 
 I had mixed feelings about that because 
I depended on it for so long.  
But in the end, it was good to let it go.

Let it go and move on, that's my new motto!


My plan is to return to work June 1st, less than a month away!

I'm scared, ya'll!

But I'm in the home stretch.
They say that the home stretch is the toughest part of the race.  
I must finish well for everyone who has shared this journey with me... as well as for myself.

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts through this journey.  We're almost there!

No comments: