Wednesday, May 27, 2020

If It Weren’t For Bad Luck, I’d Have No Luck At All!


So last time I was in this space I was getting ready (for the THIRD time) to have revision surgery on my foot. Well, two days before my surgery I decided to spend the day in the gardens getting them ready for weeks of neglect.
 It turned out to be a really nice day, until....


I dropped a very heavy metal sprinkler on my foot. 
The same foot I was supposed to have surgery on. 
And that damn sprinkler cut my foot on my old scar line. 
Long story short, my physician CANCELLED my surgery. 

I was gutted. 
There was crying.
I may have invented whole new cuss words. 

That all happened a little over a week ago, and now that my physician is sure there is no infection present and my wound is healing well, we have rescheduled the surgery for June 2nd. 

I’m not holding my breath.
There’s no telling what plague will befall me between now and then.
Apocalypse, maybe?



No comments: