Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Family Christmas Book

26 years ago I was standing in a Barnes & Noble bookstore and came upon this book:


I had just had our first son, Ryan, a few months before and I knew I had to get this book to chronicle each Christmas of his life 
and of our new family.

Our very first Christmas as a family:  1994

Every year that I pull it out, I just smile as I leaf through the pages.  I remember each Christmas like it was just yesterday.  It has a place for each year's Christmas card, a small section for writing down memories of the past year, a place for pictures, and names of those you gathered with.

Doug's grandmother's last Christmas letter.

We filled up the book last year,
25 YEARS of memories, y'all!


And now we are on to Volume 2!

I just ordered a second book this week 
to continue our memory journey.  
I'm so happy the publisher still prints this book, 
because I'm sure going to have a LOT to write about 2020!

Christmas art projects by Ryan from when he was in KINDERGARDEN!

And it gives me great joy that when I'm long gone, 
my children will have this book to show their own children.  
They'll remember and laugh about the wonderful, and some times not so wonderful, 
years in this family.

I encourage you to start your own Christmas memory book.
In the blink of an eye, it will be full!
And you'll be so glad you did it.


No comments: