Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Feeding my addiction...

Hi, my name is JoAnn and I'm a thrift store addict.
The local thrift stores reopened today after the holidays and I couldn't help but get out and see what they had to offer! I think I scored pretty darn well:

From left to right: Five boxes of stationary and cards ($3), three tart pans ($2 for the set), a nice sturdy basket ($1), two brass candle sticks ($1 each), a sweet little oil painting of roses in a vase (.75), six small metal frames (.25 each), a decorative birdhouse and canister ($1 each), and some vintage children's books (5 for a buck!)
Then I found a kitchy little table for ten dollars:

I got home and packed away all the Christmas decorations, then set up this little thrifty vignette in the corner of the den:

So pardon me while I go make some hot chocolate, curl up under the afghan with the little ones and read books all afternoon....
Good way to start the new year if you ask me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh I know what you mean!!! I can't wait for garage sale season to reappear. Thrift stores have to suffice for now... we got all our vintage knit stockings at a thrift store this Christmas.

Shopping spree for me would be done second hand!

Linda said...

This rocks!! That table is the bomb.. what a great deal!

I very much want to go thrifting with you.

Dave and Dani said...

Fabulous!