Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Estate sale finds

This weekend I noticed an estate sale ad in the paper and since I was already up early, I decided grab a coffee and go browse. I found a few lovely treasures to add to our home, like this pretty hand painted fruit bowl:


I think it will look awesome filled with lemons and oranges from the garden! I also found an "old fashioned" popcorn popper and two heavy glass measuring cups.


I had to grab this stack of vintage pink towels! They'll look great transformed into handmade bath rugs and dish mats.

A pretty good score in my book,
and for less than 12 bucks
(coffee not included!)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ststartn
GOOD HAUL!!! :-)

I already have two of the stove top poppers...yum.

The measuring cups would have had me..good solid glass. Ahhhh, gotta love the feel of it in your hand..

Now, the towels, how are you going to use those to make into bathrugs??? Please explain...lol

JoAnnC. said...

The bath rugs are from Amanda Soule's book Handmade Home that I bought several months back. Here is what they (sort of) look like:
http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/2006/07/for_standing_on.html