Thursday, January 23, 2020

Speaking of Gardening...

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you'll know I'm OBSESSED with the Dollar Tree.  Seriously, if you're not shopping there on the regular, what exactly are you doing with your life?  

Spring has sprung here in south Texas (yeah, I know it's still January!) and the Dollar Tree has put out their merch for the season.  If you are new to gardening, or a seasoned green thumb, get yourself down to the Dollar Tree for some great stuff!


A 'must have' in the backyard gardening world are Grow Towers.  They've been around a while and they can be very expensive.  On Amazon you can find them anywhere from $60-$300 bucks depending on the size.  But today as I walked into the Dollar Tree, I found these stackable three tier planters!  
They are exactly the same as those found on Amazon,
BUT FOR A DOLLAR!


I purchased four, had one of the boys drill holes in the bottoms for drainage, filled them with potting soil, and topped them with a cute frog and mushroom (also from the Dollar Tree!) and now I have my own trendy grow tower for just a few bucks.


The Dollar Tree also carries the American Seed brand in their stores.  The packets are four for a dollar.  So for a grand total of less than ten dollars, we now have a table top herb garden right outside our kitchen window.

I think more of these towers will be in my future.  Maybe make some up as gifts or they would also be perfect for a children's first garden with strawberry starts or flowers


Their gardening products don't stop at stackable towers!  You can find quality pots, gloves, bulbs, hand tools, hummingbird feeders, and even darling little fairy garden supplies there.
So have fun, get creative, but most importantly...
PLANT SOMETHING!

No comments: