Friday, April 17, 2009

My weekend DIY project


I had ducked into the thrift store for a quick browse and found this beauty for a STEAL at fifty bucks! I've wanted a china cabinet ever since I had china to put in one!
I'm hoping for a break in the rain this weekend so I can paint it, although I'm not sure what I want to do just yet! Maybe a high gloss black, maybe a cool crackle finish, oooooh maybe a flat black finish and highly distress it....decisions, decisions!
Leave a comment and tell me what you think I should do!

4 comments:

CassB said...

Ooooh I love it!! It looks beautiful the way it is! I have no suggestions lol.

Therese said...

I like the way it is too.

If you really want to paint it though, I would go with the black.

JoAnnC. said...

Doug wants to leave it as is, too. Guess I'll keep it like it is for now, but I'm definitely changing that retro hardware!

CassB said...

I agree about the hardware hehe