Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille

Just before leaving work the other day, my manager asks if I could be at the hospital in the morning (my day off of course!) to "play a pregnant patient" for a commercial for the hospital. "Ummm...sure, I guess", was my reply. She also needed a family for the commercial, so I volunteered my motley crew.

The morning of the shoot I asked her if she was sure she wanted US!
I mean, I don't think the camera crew was expecting a 40-something couple with four kids in tow for their commercial!


It was really simple. I just laid in bed and was handed a baby by one of the nurses. My wonderful family comes in and we all adore the baby.


And it only took us seven takes and less than 20 minutes to get it right!

Now if the actual labor and delivery could be that easy!

(You know I'll post the commercial link when I get it...
that is if we don't end up on the cutting room floor!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun Jo Ann!! Your 30 seconds of fame!!

Anonymous said...

Least they let you lay down in a bed and get off your feet for a few minutes!!! LOL !! :) :) And at work no less!!! Sarah