Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A most blessed day!

Doug's precious cousins, Kristi and Joni, came halfway across Texas this past weekend to give us the most wonderful baby shower!

They planned EVERYTHING!
I was told to just sit back, relax, and enjoy...


BOY, DID I EVER!

I'm still amazed at all the loving support we have received, I mean, this is baby number five! I would have thought all the hoop-la would have vanished by now. But this out pouring of love has blessed my heart and soul in ways I could have never imagined.

Thank you all for the beautiful cards, well wishes, and most generous gifts for our baby girl. I hope none of you noticed, but I had to slip away to the bathroom a couple of times during the day to compose myself for fear of blubbering like a baby in front of you all!

Maybe it was crazy pregnancy hormones...

Or maybe it was being surrounded by the most wonderful friends and family a girl like me could ever wish for.

We love you.
We thank you.
We have been so blessed by your presence in our lives.

I can't wait for our daughter to know you all too!

2 comments:

Therese said...

How wonderful JoAnn. I am so glad everyone is being so positive and welcoming to your beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

When I turned to your site the title of this story came up first. I almost jumped out of the chair yelling YEA!! I thought it was announcing the baby was here! :) Soon there will be such an announcement ..but not yet! :) I am glad you got to get together with family and have such a nice shower. Are you having fun looking at pink and ruffles after all the boys clothes? She will be one protected little girl surrounded by all those big brothers! :) You make me smile. I remember when my daughter was born and the fun of having a girl. Sarah