Wednesday, March 14, 2007

For thou hast been a refuge from the storm ~Isaiah 25:4

We have had quite a bout with storms the past two days, luckily the only damage we suffered was just a couple of fallen branches an a few hours with no electricity!
I had sent Ryan out to the van to retrieve some potting soil in between storms. Shorty, the neighborhood dog, ran out to meet him. All of the sudden there was a really bright flash of lightning and LOUD clap of thunder, before I knew it, Shorty made a B-line for the house and ran right inside! Poor thing was scared to death, shivering and wimpering. So we let him stay inside until the storm passed. I was busy potting my tomato seedlings into bigger containers, but I later found these two snuggled up on the couch:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We haven't had a dog in the house since Mickey died, and I have to admit it was really nice to have him there! The kids cuddled and kissed Shorty, fed him breakfast scraps, and even put on the movie "The Shaggy Dog" for him!
When the storm was over, I had gone to our back porch to put out my seedlings for a little sunshine. Shorty followed me out, sniffed the air, and decided it was safe to leave...not so much as a "thank you" or "good bye!"
My seedlings are coming along nicely! Just waiting for them to get a little bigger to plant them in the garden! It's quite windy out there and they need to be able to hold their own, so to speak. I have about 28 plants (3 varieties) guess I was a little over zealous in my planting...but that's ok, I'm sure the neighbors will be happy to take some of these off my hands!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Therese said...

I love home grown tomatoes. We will be planting some ourselves this year. Your neighbours dog is cute.