Sunday, February 10, 2008

Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes

There is a beautiful little country church about 25 minutes away in East Bernard. The interior is stunning and it smells like incense and old wood.

Outside, they have a life sized grotto with Our Lady of Lourdes:

Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes:
Oh ever immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfortess of the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Look upon me with mercy. When you appeared in the grotto of Lourdes, you made it a privileged sanctuary where you dispense your favors, and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. My loving Mother, obtain my request. I will try to imitate your virtues so that I may one day share your company and bless you in eternity. Amen.

3 comments:

Linda said...

What can you tell me about this church? It is very beautiful! I would love to visit, and consider the future as well.....

JoAnnC. said...

Can't tell you much! When we go to these small surrounding towns, we always check out the churches (yeah, we're nerdy like that!) Try Googling "Holy Family Catholic Church East Bernard, Texas."

Dawn said...

Beautiful!