Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A cool tip!

We usually do our homeschooling at the kitchen table. Little Danny LOVES to be at the table with his big brothers "doing school" as well. Most days he is content drawing, playing with playdough, or manipulatives....
Today was NOT one of those days!


He was driving the kids and me batty with his mess and nonstop jibber-jabber. Most days I can divert his attentions to other, more quiet and creative activities...today was not one of THOSE days! So like any good (and stressed out) mom I thought that Danny would like a little TV time. I pulled out a Barney DVD only to find it scratched and not playable. Kyle told me there were ways to "fix" a scratched DVD so after a quick search online I found this amazing tip:

TOOTHPASTE!


Just put a dab of the stuff on your DVD and rub around in small circles. The abrasive nature of the toothpaste actually buffs the finish on the DVD. Wipe off with a damp towel and dry. It totally worked! The boys got in a solid hour of school work before lunch and it was bliss...


... and I didn't have to throw out a $15 DVD!!!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for the tip! (oh, and we use the same toothpaste :)
I never would have thought of it and I'm sure my family will think I have lost my senses when I try it.