Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm a complete basket case!

I have a horrible addiction to buying thrift store baskets, I just love them!
New baskets in the store will run you quite a few bucks, but thrift store baskets are usually fifty cents to a dollar and
I use them for EVERYTHING!
Their use is mainly corraling the clutter around here! I have baskets for just about everything: blankets, books, school supplies, mail, you name it. I think they look pretty and rustic and it's much easier to access the things I need from a basket rather than a storage bin or closet.
I also use them for gifts. I hate spending money on those little gift bags with the tissue paper, they can be quite expensive! I try to keep several on hand and if I need to send a gift I'll just use a fifty cent basket and line it with a fifty cent vintage dish towel. I think it makes a gift look so much more pretty and personal. Even simple gifts that are beautifully arranged in a basket are more inviting. I think they take homemade gifts to a whole other level!

I only spent less than a dollar on this welcome basket for a new neighbor.
A casserole or homemade bread and jam would look just as nice.
It just goes to show you that you don't have to spend a lot to make someone feel special!

No comments: