Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What I did today and a tale of things to come...

Frenzy...that's what you would call my day today. I'm in a frenzy to get things done around the home to prepare for some big changes headed our way.

I got up at ridiculous o'clock and used up every zucchini I could find
to make loaves of lemon zucchini bread for the freezer.


Then I moved on to making gallons of tomato sauce to put up for pastas, pizzas, and soups...


Sent the kids to pick figs for homemade fig newtons and preserves...


Started another gallon of cukes lactofermenting for pickles. Stripped the beds and made new household schedules, lesson plans, and copied work books for the boys. Thankfully, Doug took the boys to the library for a wonderful (hour long!) program and then they hunted for books to keep them occupied at home. While they were gone I did a quick tidy up and thorough vacuuming (sure to be undone about five minutes after they get back home!)

And then I proceeded to wash all 158 loads of laundry scattered throughout the house...


WHY do you ask did I do this?

Well, this old girl starts a new job! I'll be working full time hours, PLUS some. I was hired as the Nursery shift supervisor at our local hospital. For the next few months I'll be out of the home quite a bit each week (four days from 7am-7pm to be exact) so I really feel this need to get my household in order. My plan is to make this transition as easy as possible for the kids, who have grown quite accustomed to me being home. Also, to help Doug take over the job as household manager while running a full time business himself from home.
Quick, easy meals and snacks for the freezer, some scheduling to keep our time management in order, and jobs for every member of the family should help us find our way during this adjustment.

Say a prayer for us if you will.

You know, after looking over all of this, maybe working forty hours a week will be more like a vacation!

6 comments:

Therese said...

oh dear. After looking at all that, I feel very lazy. I spent a lot of hours on the computer today. Way way way too many.

The Creamer Family said...

Congratulations! As a full-timer, I will pray for you as you embark on a new era filled with new challenges. With some planning, everything will be fine. God will provide.

DanLeaAnn said...

Congratulations JoAnn, hope you love it ! glad to hear it is close too. Praying for you ! - Lea Ann

DanLeaAnn said...

I can't figure out how to leave a comment - hope this doesn't appear twice.
Congratulations JoAnn, will be praying for you all - LOVE your blog ! Lea Ann

Veronica said...

Congrats on the new job and prayers for an easy transition for the whole family. And pass the lemon zucchini bread please? Yum!

The Creamer Family said...

Oh my! I made the lemon zucchini bread this weekend. To-die-for and so easy! My kids gobbled it up. Thanks, JoAnn!