Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Me and my best friend

Twenty years ago today I married my best friend.

I don’t need roses. 
I don’t need chocolate. 

Okay, maybe, I need a little chocolate. 

But I don’t need typical romance from my husband. 
When he does small things that catch me off-guard, 
things that make me feel cared for,
I swoon.

He always fills my car with gas.
He brings me sweet tea.
He texts me in the middle of the day.
He cleans up dog vomit.



I do the cooking, he does the cleaning.
He loves God.
He still makes me laugh.
He tolerates the way I load the dishwasher 
even though it drives him crazy.


He comes from a long line of love.
Our family is everything to him.
His heart is made of gold.
He prays for me.


He's an amazing dad.
He homeschools our children.
He gets up with fussy babies so I can sleep.
He's a wonderful example of a Christian man to our children.


He shaved my legs when I was pregnant.
He kisses me goodnight, even if I'm already sleeping.
He gets my weird sense of humor.


And even after twenty years, 
HE STILL WANTS ME!

Happy anniversary to my best friend!
I love you more today than I did twenty years ago.