Monday, December 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


We've all got the post holiday "Blech" and are getting back on the wagon to eating better. I'm slowly cleaning out the fridge and pantry of all our prepackaged and processed stuff. I hope the "withdrawl" won't be too terribly painful!

Monday: Mediterranean Pasta with Greens I know, I know, I said I'd never cook chard again BUT I did cook some the day after Christmas and it was really good! I just cooked it wrong that first time (and now I'm really glad I didn't pull it out of the garden!) Will use whole wheat pasta with this recipe.

Tuesday: Spinach Chickpea Curry Will sub cauliflower from the garden for the tofu and serve over quinoa.

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Chili It's new year's eve and I want something easy to fix so I can spend more time with the kids popping fireworks! It'll be the one day we splurge. I'll buy individual serving bags of Fritos and laddle in some chili, top with cheese and stick in a spoon. The kids will be in Heaven and I won't have any dishes to do!

Thursday: Black Eyed Peas and Cornbread. It's a tradition here in the south to eat this on new year's day!

Friday: Fish tacos with homemade sprouted wheat tortillas

Saturday: Broccoli Beef Will serve over whole wheat linguine (and omit the part where you cook it in water and FIVE bullion cubes!) and use broccoli from the garden.

Sunday: Spinach Frittata and fruit.

Have a wonderful week and happy new year!
For hundreds of other meal plans, check out www.orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

Linda said...

I didn't know what I was going to do with the chard, and now I do! Thank you!

JoAnnC. said...

I cooked chard the day after Christmas. I cut the stems into 1" chunks, tossed in EVOO and minced garlic, and roasted in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. When that was done I gave the leaves a rough chop and tossed them on top of the roasted stems. Put a little more EVOO and S&P and put it all back in the oven to roast for five minutes. When it came out I tossed in some parm cheese. IT WAS DIVINE! I'm so glad I didn't rip it out of the garden!