Thursday, September 24, 2009

I got nuthin'

It's been a super busy week for me and my blogging has fallen behind! Thought I'd share some great sites around the web for things I'm planning for the weekend:

I loves me some Chickens in the Road! I read Suzanne's blog every.single.day. This weekend I am making dozens and dozens of her pepperoni rolls and using the basic recipe to make ham and cheese ones, too. These will be great for the freezer for quick snacks...that is, if they even make it to the freezer!

I think I will make a few of these super cute reversible headbands from The Long Thread. I need something to tie my hair back at work but I don't want to put it up. These will fit the bill nicely and will look great in some of my vintage fabrics!

And I will be using up the last bit of our raw milk to make some homemade yogurt in the crockpot. Doug will be making a run to the co-op on Monday for more, I just need to use up what we have. Might even make some yogurt cheese for snacks next week.

These three projects PLUS getting the rest of our Fall garden planted AND my usual weekend chores of cleaning, laundry, and getting next week's menu plan and school work for the boys should be plenty to keep me busy!
The weather is cooler and I feel inspired!
Doug and the boys will be going to football games and photo shoots so no one will be underfoot!
Ahhh....I love this time of year!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Okay, great. Now I've got *another* site to check out every morning. Not sure how to take that. I mean, I'm a sucker for a great tutorial, but who can resist the headbands and skirts? And I followed her linkeys to Hyena in Petticoats' tutorial for a Cathedral Window quilt...Shoot, I think I could make that...LOL. Now, to find the time!

Thanks for sharing (and yes, I can see your hair pulled back with one of those headbands, esp with the vintage fabrics I know you love (and look good in, to boot!)...

Hopefully you are able to get most/all of your "to dos" done this weekend...I've gone to Home Depot and gotten some of their paint samples for my family room and for my bedroom. I think I'm going to have to try something else for my family room. Its just not working for me yet...the bedroom, no problem.

What are you putting in to your fall garden? I'm getting our cabbage, broccoli, and onion sets this next week...Hopefully DH will be able to get the tilling and such done between now and next weekend, so I can get things in the ground asap...

Rachel