Monday, August 31, 2009

Our weekend DIY project

Would 'ya look at that!
Only three days out of the ICU and he's painting walls!

Due to a little "artistic license" from Danny and the neighbor kid, we HAD to repaint the walls of JP & Danny's room. The yellow was cute but always reminded me of a nursery, so we decided to go with a big boy blue.

I wish I had taken a 'before' picture!


I found some lovely upholstery fabric at Walmart for two bucks a yard.
Added a little matching ribbon with hot glue....and PRESTO!
A no-sew window treatment for under $12!


A little rearranging of furniture and they boys think they have a whole new room!

You won't find this design in the pages of 'Good Housekeeping' or 'Southern Living'...

...but it's home for us, and there's no place we'd rather be!


1 comment:

Kalona said...

I like the blue and the new curtains. It's a great boys room. Glad Doug is feeling well enough to paint!