Saturday, September 6, 2008

Boo-Nana Bread

My little Danny never says 'banana," he says 'boo-nana.' It's so cute and he WILL correct you if you say it the proper way! I had a bunch of very ripe boo-nanas sitting on my counter last night and made a double batch of this simple bread for our breakfast this morning.


Daniel's BOO-Nana Bread:
(makes one loaf)

3-4 ripe boo-nanas, smashed
1/3 C. butter, melted
1 C. sugar (I use brown sugar)
1 egg, beaten
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 C. flour (I use one cup of unbleached all purp. and 1/2 cup whole wheat)

Optional:
I usually add 2 TBS. of ground flax seeds and 1/3 cup wheat germ to sneak in added nutrition.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter into mashed boo-nanas. Add rest of the ingredients, stir, and then add flour in last. Pour into loaf pan and bake 50 minutes to one hour. Cool in pan.

1 comment:

The Creamer Family said...

This bread is so good! I made it for my Danny last night, and I think the hubby ate more than anyone. Thanks, JoAnn!