Saturday, September 27, 2008

Feeding my addiction...

Hello, my name is JoAnn and I'm a thrift store addict!
Ryan, John Paul and I went out Friday afternoon and hit the local thrift stores. I was in a serious withdrawal and needed a quick fix ~ I was not disappointed! Right off the bat I found this awesome vintage serving set. Doug thinks it's hideous but I think it is fabulous beyond words!


Next Ryan stumbled upon some designer shirts for $2.50 a piece! Two Lacoste and one Abercrombie & Fitch (this score would have cost at least $120 retail!)


I found some vintage sheets to make several of these "5 Minutes Skirts". These will be so nice to wear when spring rolls around again (yeah, like I'm going to wait that long to wear them!)

And of course we hit the book piles! I found this pristine 1961 book entitled, "The Art of Fine Baking" and cannot wait to read every single page!

I also found some great little reproducible science supplements for our homeschooling.

It was a really good afternoon and the boys and I had fun digging through all the thrift. I think I've satisfied my addiction for now....or at least until next week!;-p

1 comment:

CassB said...

I have to agree, the serving set is awesome! Love it!