Monday, September 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


This week's menu plan is all about quick, easy and healthy eating. This time of year is so busy it seems! Each one of us is going in a million different directions, but one thing I will not compromise on is sitting down together as a family and having dinner. This week is particularly hectic as there is something scheduled for each night (and most days) of the week....I'm tired just thinking about it!

Monday: Easy Quiche and Fruit. Doug can easily assemble this recipe and pop it in the oven while I'm at work. It's one of those great one dish go-to meals! We'll make this version with spinach, parm cheese and sun dried tomatoes.

Tuesday: Beef Stew with Cornbread. I'll put this in the crockpot the night before and Doug can put on to cook in the morning.

Wednesday: Vegetable Paninis on Spinach Bread with a Sprout Salad. I put some mung beans on to sprout Sunday night and will dress them with the "Basic Dressing" from Nourishing Traditions.

Thursday: Scrambled Eggs with Homemade Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. My kids think it's so cool having breakfast for dinner. Thanks Linda for the biscuit recipe!

Friday: Going out of town for a family gathering. I'm sure we'll have a potluck supper and I think I'll make a pan of spinach enchiladas verde (layered instead of rolled individually) and jalapeno poppers to take (we don't eat meat on Fridays).

Saturday: No cooking tonight! We're ordering pizza for the kids and Doug and I are attending the Foundation for Life Gala in Sugarland. Looking forward to a "date night" with my husband...even if he will be working!

Sunday: Tilapia Filets and Bok Choi cooked in parchment paper.

Check out hundreds of other great menu plans at www.orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Your menu sounds really good. I'm always looking for quick and easy meal ideas for my work days. Thanks!